Everyone loves to create music, no one likes to deal with marketing it. The cold truth though is with out marketing your music some way or another no one will hear it. Your marketing could be simple like sharing your music with friends on Facebook, youtube or twitter. On the other hand it could also be extremly complicated if your an established artist on a major label involving advertising campaigns, public relations firms, radio promoters, managers, tours, street teams and on and on and on. So where do you begin? Here are a few articles to get you going in the right direction. There is a lot to learn about marketing especially now that the internet has taken over as the most influential advertising platform.
- The 5 Biggest Facebook Fan Page Screw-Ups
- 3 Musician Marketing Basics: Newsletter, Products & Polls
- 1000 True Fans * You Must Read This
- How To be Interviewed
- A marketing lesson from the apocalypse
- How To Call Attention To Your Music
- Leadership Lessons from Dancing Guy
- The Seven Essentials To Writing A Press Release
- Musician Marketing Basics: Your Newsletter, Your Product Line & Asking Your Fans What They Want
- The Musician’s Guide To Affordable Effective Websites
- How To Build A Fan Base With Niche Markets
- Behind-the-Scenes Online Marketing for Independent Musicians
- TuneCore Offers Ten Tips to Sell More Music Online
- How to Get Noticed by a Record Label
- The Top Five Reasons You Will Fail In Music
- How To Get Bloggers To Write About You – Become a Reader & a Commenter
And no music marketing article could be complete with out a link to Bob Bakers Guerilla Music Marketing Handbook
Now get out there and start marketing.
Thats all I have to say.
Want to know more about Peter Weis the Composer